kb

KB20454832: Obtaining Max AP from Sector 8 Grosspanzer using fractions

Summary

This article discusses the strategy of defeating the Grosspanzer units in Sector 8. Fractional damage is used to deplete HP before all the units are defeated simultaneously. This achieves the Max AP (240 AP) bonus for victory.

Video

More information

A battle with Grosspanzer can get out hand very quickly if it takes too long. The video shows a strategy for fast victory.

Tifa casts Demi3-All on the tank units. This causes simultaneous fractional damage. Fractional damage only depletes HP by “fraction” of the current HP.

Demi is a gravity-based attack that inflicts fractional damage. In the case of Demi3, 75% of the HP has been depleted, which leaves only 25% HP remaining.

The numbers on the screen show how much damage was delivered. They also provide a signal that all the tank units are ready to be defeated at same time.

Yuffie casts ES:Trine to finish the battle.

FFVII BATTLE LOG

  Yuffie Cloud Tifa GP Mobile GP Small GP Small GP Big
max HP 5310 5829 3208 10000 2900 2900 4600
#0#              
HP 5310 5829 3208 10000 2900 2900 4600
Status              
#1# Miss     Attack      
HP 5310 5829 3208        
Status              
#2#     Demi3-All 7500 2175 2175 3450
HP       2500 725 725 1150
Status              
#3# ES:Trine     3346 4652 3696 3244
HP       0 0 0 0
Status WIN WIN WIN DEFEAT DEFEAT DEFEAT DEFEAT




kb home page - Terms - Privacy - Bitwise Thermodynamics © 2020 - ビット熱力学